A few weeks ago, I wrote to you all detailing the open Advisory Council positions with the chapter and asking for volunteers. I have been thrilled by the response and would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our 2013 Advisory Council Chairs!
- Academic Relations – Shelli Owens
- Archives – Cathy Solomon and Jonathan Leff
- Bayline – Tricia Soto
- Government Relations – Michael Sholinbeck
- Hospitality – Sarah Cook
- Jobline – Lori Guidry
- Listserv and Reflector – Linda Yamamoto
- Mailing – Ginny Woodis
- Networking – Lauren Reid
- Nominating – David Grossman
- Professional Development – Chris Orr
- Tours – Claudine Taillac
- Vendor Relations – Sandy Malloy
- Webmaster – Becky Miller
You should not at all take this to mean that there are not still opportunities available for you to volunteer with the chapter! We are still looking for a Public Relations Chair, and we always have projects in the works, both short- and long-term. You can also volunteer as a committee member, getting, or keeping, your feet wet before stepping into a Chair position in the future. We have already had some members step-up to help out as committee members next year. In fact, all of them have already started in these roles! I would like to thank them as well.
- Erin Meggyressy – Hospitality
- Lisa Ngo – Professional Development
- Tony Sheaffer – Government Relations
Please contact me if you are interested in hearing more about any of the volunteer opportunities that are still waiting for you!
By Anne N. Barker