SF Bay Region Chapter Holiday Party
and Annual Awards Ceremony
Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 5:30 – 9:00 pm
ThirstyBear Brewing Company and Spanish Tapas Restaurant
661 Howard Street, SF
Please join us as we celebrate the season, another year of terrific Chapter events, and the contributions of some of our distinguished members.
5:30 – 6:30 Party!
6:30 – 7:00 Awards!
7:00 – 9:00 More Party!
A variety of tapas and paella, including vegetarian options.
One drink ticket is included.
SLA Program Cost:
$25 per person for everyone
ThirstyBear is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. It is a 6 minute walk from Montgomery BART and MUNI. Street parking and various garages are nearby.
Please register online or ensure your mail-in registration form and check are received no later than Thursday, December 13.
Event Refund Policy:
After careful review, the Executive Board of the SF Bay Region Chapter of SLA has decided that we cannot accommodate refunds or “rain checks” for our events (this includes programs, tours, professional development workshops, etc.).
Some reasons why:
• Our chapter does not make a profit on our events. We subsidize our events because it is important to us to be able to keep our attendance fees low.
• We are required to pay in advance for food and venues, and these costs are frequently based on head count. Therefore, we’ve already paid for your attendance.
• As a volunteer organization we are just not staffed to be able to keep track of refunds or attendance for future events.
So if you’ve paid for an event you find you cannot attend, please consider the following:
• Post a notice on our discussion board inviting a member to take your place
• Think of it a tax‐free donation to our organization.